Review + Giveaway: Cricut Expression: 5th Anniversary Edition
Talk about one AMAZING machine. If you are not a crafter or into scrapbooking – you’re going to want to start after you see this! To celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the first Cricut Machine, Provo Craft has come out with the all new Cricut Expression 5th Anniversary Edition machine. With all new features, this machine has got it all! Let’s start with the fact that you can use all of the previous Cricut models cartridges, including the Imagine cartridges (not the printing, however) in addition to the four limited edition cartridges that come with the machine. Featuring a large touch LCD screen with stylus (good-bye keypad overlays) a cutting light area for guidance, and a longer power cord – these are just a few of the enhancements you’ll see on the anniversary model. One much noticed improvement you’ll find on the limited edition model is the touch screen LCD screen. Super easy to navigate using the included stylus, the touch screen lets you choose from a variety of options including mat preview (see what you’re cutting and where it’s placed on the mat), material settings (choose from a variety of materials to cut including cardstock and vinyl), text wrapping (fit a long phrase on the mat by wrapping it onto more than one line), independent image sizing (size each image on a mat on its own), and multiple mat cutting (cut many images on several mats) — plus many more options. Not only does the anniversary edition come pre-loaded with four exclusive cartridges (Cricut American Alphabet, Just A Note, Cricut Decals, and Cricut Essentials) it also can be used with all cartridges from past machines including the Imagine. The Expression has 2 cartidge slots, one for the Expression cartridges and one for the Imagine, in addition to a USB port that allows you to connect your Gypsy and cut directly from that device — YES it works with the Gypsy too, I said AMAZING didn’t I?! One thing I absolutely love about the Anniversary Edition is the fact that it can not only cut a wide range of materials including vellum, vinyl, cardstock, and posterboard – but the fact that it can cut up to a 12 x 24 inch project. Perfect for making those really neat vinyl wall decals you see everywhere! Overall, I found the machine to be extremely easy to use as well as a beautiful addition to any home office. It doesn’t take up too much space and the machine can even be customized with interchangeable colored side panels to suit your personality and style.
- New machine design with all-new colors and finishes.
- 12” x 24” cutting capability. Enables large-format cutting and creating.
- Compatible with ALL Cricut cartridges – including Cricut Imagine cartridges. (Cricut Imagine cartridges will only cut images.)
- Larger, faster, full-color LCD touch-screen display with stylus. No keypad overlay required!
- Mat Preview: See shapes you’re cutting and where they fit on the mat before you cut!
- Material Setting: Choose a default setting for materials you often cut, such as cardstock, fabric, chipboard, etc., OR customize a material setting just how you want it.
- Cutting-Area Light: A light underneath the cutting area to let you see where you’re cutting on the mat.
- Exclusive cartridge content pre-loaded on the machine
- Longer power cord.
- New exciting features to be added through simple firmware upgrades.
- Swappable side trim pieces so you can personalize your Cricut to make it your very own!
Click HERE to learn more!
Want to win your VERY OWN Cricut Expression: 5th Anniversary Edition – Click HERE!
Check out some of the vinyl projects I created with the Cricut Expression Anniversary Edition:
Filed under: Gadgets, Product Reviews, Software & Computers, Stationery & More | Leave a Comment