Review: Britax Parkway SG
As a parent, one of our number one concerns for our children is their safety. This is especially apparent when out and about in the car. Britax has an amazing line of car seats and strollers to help protect your precious little ones, including the Parkway SG Booster Car Seat. The Parkway SG “features industry leading side impact protection and Slide Guard anti-submarining technology to manage crash forces and minimize injury.” The design of the Parkway SG is superb, with the Slide Guard technology (which you won’t find in some other booster seats) working along with the car’s safety belt to prevent the child from sliding under the lap belt section of the safety belt, which in turn reduces the risk of abdominal injury on impact. The Parkway was extremely easy to assemble and fit perfectly in the back of my Hummer H3 with more than enough room for the two additional persons sitting in the back to sit comfortably. The two cup holders on either side of the Parkway slide out easily and will hold everything from sippy cups to water bottles and when not in use, conveniently retract into the booster seat. I love how easy it is to transfer the booster from car to car (if you don’t happen to own two :)). Also when your child is ready to graduate to just the seat portion, the back can easily be removed while at the same time maintaining the safeness of the SecureGuard seat belt anchor. The fabric is incredibly soft and padded, providing the utmost comfort for your child in addition to the arm rests and adjustable head rest. It comes in three different colors: Onyx, Sesame (shown above), and Matrix. Overall, the Britax Parkway SG is the best in the industry in my opinion, thanks to the additional safety features that other similar booster seats lack as well as the stylish design.
- Fits children min 40 lbs, measuring 38-63 inches all the way up to 120 lbs.
- Armrests help provide a secure fit and a comfortable place to rest tired arms
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides indicate the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Liner (EPS) absorbs and distributes crash forces
- Narrow Footprint is ideal for 3-across seating
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
- Removable Back easily converts to a backless booster seat while maintaining safety of SecureGuard seat belt anchor
- Cup Holders are designed to hold sippy cups, soda cans, and water bottles
- 120-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort through the toddler years
*Please note that I was given this product for review on behalf of the company. All opinions are entirely my own – others who may use this product may have a different opinion. I was given no monetary compensation for this review.
Filed under: Automotive, Baby, On-The-Go, Product Reviews | Leave a Comment
Tags: Britax Parkway SG